A New Path

A New Path

Friday, October 15, 2010

The beginnings of my very humble Vege and Herb patch!

Ok, so I don't have that much space to work with (1.5m x 2.5m) but what I do have I want to make the most of! I have planted some basil, coriander and rocket. In the next spot is some coloured spinach, then Lebanese cucumber and yellow capsicum. I also dotted some Marigolds around to deter pests and for some colour. I also noticed this morning some tomato seedlings that planted themselves, so I left a few to grow. In the pots is rosemary, Thai basil, mint, parsley, thyme and a chili plant. These pots have been attacked recently by Indian Myna birds, that have been a real pest around our place lately. Would love to know how to get rid of them - ethically if possible! Anyway will update the progress of my little garden in time....

Some new Marigolds after my last one's mysteriously disappeared out of the ground!


I also potted some yummy Mustard and Cress

Hopefully in a few short weeks this patch will be bursting with green...

No comments:

Post a Comment